As one of our challenges, we had to design the room of a house, then build it. We drew up a labelled plan, thinking about which items the room would need and which materials we might make these from.  We selected from and used a range of materials according to their characteristics, for example the material for the bath needed to look waterproof.  We used wallpaper on the walls or real tester pots of emulsion paint to paint them.  The conservatory had windows all around and a ‘glass’ door out into the garden. We built a house using the rooms by joining each box together with cable ties – that was really tricky. Our house would have looked even better if we had made a roof for it.

Translate »
%d bloggers like this: